Sunday, August 29, 2010

VINTAGE

I love the look of vintage cards.  Vintage allows you to go in so many different directions.  One of many things that are on my wish list are more vintage stamps, I don't have any at this time.

I received the birdcage and bird die cut from a friend in a swap.  The cage was red and just didn't give me the look I wanted so I  covered it with crackle paint so that the red shows through.  I took a grungeboard swirl and added rhinestones to it and placed in on top of a page out of an old book.  The background of the card is distressed inks with a spritz of water giving it a weathered look.

The left side just didn't look right so I added tule and metal cornor brads.

4 comments:

  1. Great card Kay, love that birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Kay! It is perfect vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful vintage card. i love how you adapted the birdcage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bird in the cage! Wonderful vintage look.

    ReplyDelete